This fabulous Blackened Simmons Delacata Catfish Salad is featured on the Lunch menu at LOLA Restaurant in Covington, Louisiana, where the chef couple Keith and Nealy Frentz cook up their locally sourced menu for lunch five days a week! LOLA is a can’t miss restaurant located in the Northshore area near New Orleans. Many thanks to Team Frentz for sharing their recipe with us. Bon appétit!
Blackened Simmons Delacata Catfish Salad
- 4 fillets Simmons Delacata catfish, blackened
- Blackened seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 lb Mixed greens
- 1 cup Brown butter vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1 cup Crumbled blue cheese
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup paprika
- Tsp cayenne
- Tsp black pepper
- Tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Tsp sugar
- Tsp granulated onion
- Tsp granulated garlic
Brown Butter Vinaigrette
- 1/2 lb butter, browned
- 1 shallot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 TBSP Lea and Perrins
- 2 oz cane syrup
- 1 tsp dry yellow mustard
- Pinch salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients except oil, pulse until smooth. Gradually add oil until incorporated and keep warm.
- Mix all ingredients for blackened seasoning.
- Preheat skillet (cast iron preferred) with 4 TBSP canola oil.
- Dip fillets in Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce, coat both sides with blackening seasoning and place in hot skillet.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on both sides until fork tender.
- Mix greens with vinaigrette, toss in avocado, tomato and blue cheese.
- Place blackened fish on top and enjoy!
>> Want to try the “original” salad at LOLA Restaurant? Find this salad served during lunch service Monday – Thursday from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at 517 North New Hampshire Street in downtown Covington, LA. View the full menus at their website.