Eat Y’all seeks to propel and sustain the farm to table movement in practical ways by connecting producers to chefs who are looking for better ingredients. One of the most successful strategies we’ve employed to date to accelerate our mission success are chef-focused events like the Eat Y’all CONNECT Dinner series and Eat Y’all Chef Camps.
In the CONNECT Dinner series, we recognize and give creative and collaborative opportunities to chefs who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to thoughtful sourcing.
Eat Y’all Chef Camps provide an opportunity for chefs to participate in an immersive, overnight educational experience to learn about the host producer as well as other partnering products – to gain firsthand knowledge about how they’re grown, raised or produced as well as the opportunity to deepen personal relationships with the producers and other chefs in attendance.
This spring, Eat Y’all will host a number of these events in several states. If you are a producer or chef interested in participating in an upcoming or future Eat Y’all Chef Camp (we are already planning 2020!), please contact us to start the conversation.
Spring 2019 Event Calendar
- March 26 // CONNECT Dinner at Union Public House in Pensacola, FL recognizing the outstanding commitment of Chefs Blake Rushing, Owner and Executive Chef and Tyler Thomas, Owner and Executive Chef at The American in Bainbridge, GA. This collaborative dinner will also highlight nearly a dozen Eat Y’all Producer Member products from across several states to the guests and media in attendance.
- April 9 – 10 // Chef Camp at Simmons Catfish in Yazoo City, MS in partnership with Genuine MS, Reyer Farms and more. Over a dozen chefs from seven states will land in the Mississippi Delta to learn more about this iconic Southern ingredient and this premium producer.
- May 6 // CONNECT Dinner in Atlanta, GA recognizing the outstanding commitment of Chefs Megan Brent, former Executive Chef at White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails and creative mind behind Hominy & Grace; Holly Chute, Executive Chef for the Georgia Departments of Agriculture & Economic Development (Georgia Grown) and Christina Conde, Executive Chef at Gather at Grant Park Market, all in Atlanta. This collaborative dinner will also highlight nearly a dozen Eat Y’all Producer Member products from across several states as well as Georgia Grown products to the guests and media in attendance.
- May 7 – 8 // Pastry Chef Camp in Asheville, NC in partnership with The Dairy Alliance as well as New Belgium Brewery and Got to be NC. Attendees will escape from the hustle and bustle to tour a milk processing facility, dairy farm operation, and New Belgium Brewery tour.
- June 3 // CONNECT Dinner at Odette in Florence, AL recognizing the outstanding commitment of Chefs Josh Quick, Executive Chef at Odette and Scott Simpson, Executive Chef at The Depot in Auburn. This collaborative dinner will also highlight nearly a dozen Eat Y’all Producer Member products from across several states.
- June 4 – 5 // Chef Camp near Lexington, KY in presented by Kentucky Beef in partnership with Four Roses Distillery and other Eat Y’all Producer Members. Attendees will have the rare opportunity for butchery in the state-of-the-art University of Kentucky Meats Lab, to engage in an immersive on-farm work experience, to take a behind-the-scenes private tour at Four Roses Distillery and to enjoy a friendly and fun burger “cook-off” competition.
Again, if you are a producer or chef interested in participating in an upcoming or future Eat Y’all Chef Camp, please contact us to start the conversation.
Pensacola CONNECT Dinner – Sherry Brubaker www.backyard-bohemian.com
Simmons Chef Camp – Matt Wyatt / Matt Wyatt Media