July is National Ice Cream Month, and here in the South, ice cream is the ultimate summertime comfort food. Small batch creameries, gourmet ice cream shops and pop-up carts are appearing across the South and experiencing huge success! We especially love those doing their part to showcase local dairy and using local seasonal ingredients such as fresh berries, fruit, herbs and peanuts in their pairings.
Our team here at Eat Y’all assembled our list of must-haves—and now through July 31, 2017—you have a chance to win our picks when you enter the Ultimate Southern Ice Cream Party giveaway!
Must Haves for the Ultimate Southern Ice Cream Party
- James Beard award winning recipe book, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home, from the proprietor of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams. Learn to make incredible ice cream flavors at home!
- Ice Cream Maker for all your own custom creations! This 4-Quart Electric Wood Bucket Ice Cream Maker by Nostalgia is easy to use.
- Ice Cream Party Kit from Texas-based Paisley Grey Design. We are in love with these customized ice cream bowls, plates, spoons and more that put the perfect finishing touch on your ice cream party!
- Mouthwatering homemade Caramel Sauce & Chocolate Covered Peanuts from our favorite Mississippi-based candy maker, Nandy’s Candy.
- Bourbon Barrel Honey from TruBee Honey for a naturally sweet and delicious ice cream topping with a hint of boozy bourbon flavor.
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Peanut Butter from Nut Butter Nation. This artisanal, small batch peanut butter is anything but ordinary, and it’s quite an extraordinary flavor combination for a number of ice cream varieties.