As we wrap up our month of blender recipes here at Eat Y’all, we’re finishing with a bang to celebrate our friend Chef Ally Phillips’ humongous month in the food world! On top of all of the other trophies in her cabinet, this month her photo is the cover photo on Food Network Magazine!
AND… Ally’s heading to L.A. next week to cook on the Home & Family Show on the Hallmark Channel because SHE’S A FINALIST for their “America’s Best Home Cook” contest!
We’re so proud of you, Ally!
Because a true hostess knows how to throw her own party, Ally’s blended up a fabulous celebratory cocktail for us to enjoy as we toast her success and cheer her on to the winner’s circle! Let’s blend, y’all!
Recipe: Ally’s Mandarin Orange Bellini
- 4 oz. Dole Sunshine frozen mandarin orange slices, partially thawed
- ¾ oz. peach schnapps
- 4 oz. champagne (can substitute ginger ale or 7Up)
- 1 oz. fresh sour mix
- ½ oz. grenadine syrup
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- ¾ cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients into a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with frozen peach slice.
1. You can make this a virgin drink by substituting ginger ale for the champagne.
2. Add some frozen pomegranate arils or whole fresh frozen cranberries as ‘ice cubes’.
3. Top off with a sprig of fresh mint.
4. Cut a partially thawed peach slice into bite size pieces and skewer three chunks on a toothpick for garnish. Lay across the top of the glass.
For a different variety, try Ally’s Peach Bellini on her blog, Ally’s Kitchen, here. Ally also has an amazing cookbooks called Ally’s Kitchen~A Passport for Adventurous Palates. In case you need more of your Ally fix, snag a copy of her book on Amazon and then schedule a Chefter date with her to cook one of her recipes with her on this amazing new app!