We’ve prepared several new recipes to share. We hope you will prepare these recipes with Mississippi Blue Rice and enjoy! Here’s the second in the series of five recipes we’ll be serving up this week – Cajun Rice Pilaf! This is great served with turkey, but also with ham, grilled chicken, smoked sausage, and so much more!
Cajun Rice Pilaf
Cajun Rice Pilaf, because we love adding a little spice. This one is great with turkey!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small green chili, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups of Delta Belle Long Grain White Rice, uncooked
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped (plus some for garnish)
- ½ teaspoon of Cajun or Creole seasoning (more if you like)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cups of chicken broth or stock
- Sauté vegetables in melted butter until tender.
- Add the rice and sauté over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and let cook about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir and top with more chopped parsley.
Serve as a side dish with turkey, chicken or fish.
Want to try these recipes at home? We believe the secret ingredient is the pure variety found inside each bag of Mississippi Blue Rice. Purchase it straight from the farm here.
We love hearing from our readers! Please send your comments and questions here. Also, any of our content can be shared using the social media links below. Thanks for following Eat Y’all!