Recently I served these sweet treats as the finish to a snack buffet for a Girls Night Out CAbi Fashion Party. With an extra punch of protein-packed peanut flavor from the Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter, this quick-fix childhood treat is all grown up in this easy to make recipe. They were a hit at my party, and I think you’ll love them, too!
Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
- 6 cups Puffed Rice cereal, such as Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 1 (10 oz.) package mini regular marshmallows
- 6 Tablespoons regular or chocolate Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Cooking spray
- Coat 13″ x 9″ x 2″ glass or metal pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Be careful not to brown or burn the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until they are completely melted.
- Remove sauce pan from heat.
- Add the Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter of your choice and whisk or stir it into the butter-marshmallow mixture until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and stir until the cereal is covered with the peanut butter marshmallow mixutre.
- Using the wooden spoon, spread and press the mixture into pan.
- When completely cooled, cut into servings using a serrated knife or cookie cutter shape of your choice.
- Optional: For extra pizzazz, drizzle melted chocolate in thin lines across top of treats.
>> Like this recipe? Share it on your favorite social media using the buttons below!