Love your Saturday morning waffles, but wish they packed a little more of a protein punch? Incorporate the perfectly powerful peanut into your Saturday morning rotation with this flavorful waffle recipe, great topped with maple syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar or just as a grab and go snack.
Recipe: Saturday Morning PB Waffles
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Plug in your waffle maker(s).
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in microwave.
- Warm 2 cups of milk in the microwave and add the melted butter to it.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla to the mixture of milk and butter.
- Then add two eggs to the milk mixture and beat them.
- In a separate mixing bowl, put 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter.
- To that, add 4 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon (if desired).
- Stir the dry ingredients until they are mixed well.
- Then add the wet ingredients (butter, milk, vanilla & eggs) into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto your waffle maker and close. (Amount may vary depending on the size of your waffle maker).
- Cook until crusty and golden brown.
>> Wondering how much protein you’ll get from this simple switch up in your waffle recipe? Learn more about the nutritional benefits of Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter in this story.
>> Like this recipe? Share it with your friends and family using the social media buttons below. We love it when you show us your love by sharing!