In this video, Eat Y’all co-founder Andy Chapman shares his secrets for cooking perfect ribs every time using just a few ingredients and his Gourmet Guru Grill.
Watch Now: How to Cook Perfect Ribs
Sugar Taylor Ribs on the Gourmet Guru Grill
- 2 racks Spare Ribs or Baby Back Ribs, membrane removed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup June Bugg Rub
- 3/4 cup Sugar Taylor Sauce
- Pecan wood chips
- Prep you ribs by removing membrane off the back of the ribs if not done already.
- Sprinkle June Bug Rub and brown sugar on ribs.
- Cover ribs with Sugar Taylor Sauce and lightly massage sauce all over ribs to help seasonings “stick” to the ribs.
- Prepare smoker to 275 degrees and add pecan wood chips to the fire to create a good smoke.
- Place ribs on indirect heat in smoker and cook at 275 degrees for approximately two hours, flipping the ribs after one hour.
- After two hours, place each rack of ribs individually BONE SIDE UP on large sheets of tin foil and wrap tightly (no leaks). Double wrap if necessary to avoid foil punctures.
- Place wrapped ribs back on smoker rack and cook on indirect heat for two more hours at 275 degrees.
- After two more hours, unwrap ribs, bone side down, but leave them on top of the foil. Brush on one more finishing glaze of Sugar Taylor Sauce. It’s okay if temperature starts to drop at this point, you are just firming up the ribs. Cook the ribs for another 45 minutes to one hour. When ribs are golden brown and pull away from bone with a gentle tug, they are ready to enjoy!
>> We’re producing more videos like this one! Subscribe to our YouTube channel and comment there if you’d like to request another recipe. We also love it when you click “thumbs up” to like the video on YouTube as well!
>> Did you like this story and our video? Please share it with others who might like it using the buttons below.