We’re looking forward to the new farm to table fare and locally butchered meats coming soon to the Town of Livingston in Madison County, Mississippi. The establishment, named “County Seat” in memoriam of the location’s former status as county seat of Madison county in the 1800’s, will be led by former local Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Executive Chef, Jeremy Enfinger.
We caught up with Chef Enfinger this past week on the Eat Y’all Firing Pin to Fork segment on the Outdoors with Jake radio show to talk about his upcoming restaurant opening and his favorite wild game preparations. A truly knowledgable advocate for fresh, local ingredients, Chef Enfinger entertained and educated us while sharing his recipe for duck sausage.
Firing Pin to Fork segment with Chef Jeremy Enfinger & host Andy Chapman:
Recipe: Duck & Lemongrass Sausage Patties
- 2 lb Duck Breasts
- 10 oz Pork Fat Back
- 1 TBSP Fine Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce/Oyster
- 1 TBSP Shallot
- 1 TBSP Lemongrass
- 1 ½ tsp Fresh Ginger root
- 1 ½ tsp Fresh Garlic
- Cut duck and fat back into ¾ inch cubes and place in stainless steel bowl.
- Add seasonings to cut meat.
- Mince shallot, center stalk of lemongrass, peeled ginger, and peeled garlic. Add to bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with hands to fully incorporate all ingredients. Place under refrigeration for at least 12 hours.
- Grind once using the #5 10mm plate on a Meat Grinder.
- Bag and freeze or use in the next few days fresh.